IT Service Desk
Please see the job description for the position of IT Service Desk. Your referrals are welcomed and greatly appreciated. Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join our growing team! National Gypsum Company is hiring technically savvy and motivated people to provide excellent IT Service Desk support to our business users. This full-time, entry-level position is geared for those looking to start and grow their career at our Corporate Office in the SouthPark area of Charlotte, NC. Candidates must be flexible and available to work an 8-hour workday, with an hour for lunch, between 7:00 am and 5:00 pm, based on manpower requirements and project demands. This position also requires the candidate to be able to switch to the second shift working from 3:00 pm to 10:00 pm 2-3 times a year for one month at a time, on a rotational basis.
The IT Service Desk position is first-line IT support and solves general technical problems and provides assistance on a wide range of IT systems. The IT Service Desk team answers and responds to all incoming calls/contacts to the IT Service Desk, provides excellent customer service, and follows up to ensure satisfactory resolution. This position monitors systems and takes appropriate action to maintain service-level goals. In addition to IT Service Desk responsibilities, this position also requires participation in various IT service and technology projects. The associate must be self-motivated, have a positive attitude, follow directions, communicate results succinctly and work with senior team members to understand, troubleshoot and resolve end-user problems with the company’s IT systems.
Major Job Responsibilities (not all inclusive):
· Provide first line of contact for IT support at National Gypsum.
· Respond to incoming phone calls, e-mails, and direct contacts for support.
· Demonstrate exceptional customer service skills when working with end-users.
· Continuously increase personal knowledge of and familiarity with computing systems, applications and processes to improve problem recognition, response and resolution time.
· Escalate problems as necessary to ensure end-user satisfaction.
· Maintain contact with end-users during operational and production problems.
· Input, track and update all technology-related incidents and requests using service management system.
· Identify recurring problems and recommend to the team controls for prevention.
· Monitor systems to ensure required service levels, including primary business systems and Internet access.
· Support IT projects as assigned, including on-site support at any National Gypsum location.
· Assist other team members with problem resolution through direct contact or use of documentation.
· Initiate corrective action or carry out instructions to resolve problems in production environment.
· Investigate and ensure resolution of all production processing for on-line services, networking and desktop operations.
· Prepare monthly systems availability, service-level and problem reports as requested by the manager.
· Perform at or above the requested work performance level. Fulfill departmental requirements in terms of providing work coverage and administrative notification during periods of personnel illness, vacation or education.
· Four-year Bachelor’s degree. Preference given to degrees in Information Technology, Business Administration with an IT focus or Technology-related degree from a four-year college or university.
· Related technical-support work experience via internship, work-study or part time/full time employment required.
· Knowledge of computer hardware/software and related technology including some of the following:
· Windows 7/10 functionality and administration
· Microsoft Office
· Microsoft 365
· Internet browsers
· Network printing
· Mobile device technology
· Demonstrate proficiency in verbal and written communication, with an understanding of planning and work organization.
· Strong commitment to safety and the ability to maintain an orderly and safe workplace.
· Responsive to changing priorities and committed to providing timely and accurate results.
· Ability to work in team-oriented environment.
NGC HR Department